ABOUT THE EXCURSION
90 Minute Excursion offered on select evenings
On the Buckingham Valley train, passengers will enjoy a 90 minute, round-trip train ride through scenic Buck’s County on the “New Hope Branch” route, which was originally part of the North-East Pennsylvania Railroad, later the Reading Railroad. Passengers will ride aboard beautifully restored vintage (early 1900’s) passenger coaches while a narrator will provide you with interesting historical facts and stories of significant cultural locations along the route.
Beverage service (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) is available on-board for purchase while you enjoy the journey.
The train will travel to “Nonesuch Farms” located in Buckingham Township, Pennsylvania.
Coach Class is the only available seating option for this excursion.
- Coach Class is our most affordable class. With comfortable padded, high-back, bench-style seats creating a great setting for families or large groups.
- Seating is unreserved on a first come, first seated basis.
- This car has no air conditioning and has windows that open for a nice breeze.
- This car is heated in colder months.
*You may also purchase one of our photo packages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (age 21 and older) and light snacks from our onboard full service bar.
SCHEDULE & BOOKING
For the best experience and reservation options, please reserve Online:
To Reserve by Phone:
Contact our Call Center at 215-862-2332.
Call Center hours of operation: 7 Days per week, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Every effort will be made to seat groups as close together as possible on the train. Please let us know your needs prior to boarding.
- e-Ticket sales close 10 minutes prior to departure for this excursion.
- Advance reservations are recommended, but not required.
- e-Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- If you have a reservation, your e-Ticket will be scanned as you board the train. You may also purchase e-tickets at the gift shop or ticket office up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. If you forget your e-Ticket, we can print them for you, subject to verification.
- e-Tickets are attached to your e-mail receipt and sent after purchase is complete.
- e-Tickets must be presented to a train crew member prior to boarding the train.
- A processing fee is added to all orders. (Learn more here)
- Rates, times, dates are subject to change.
- All excursions are subject to availability.
- Additional On-Site Parking fees apply.
- Boarding by fare class may occur.
- Smoking is prohibited onboard the train and at all stations.
- The railroad assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- The Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, routing and/or equipment on any excursion whenever, in its judgement circumstances warrant.
Other excursions and/or events are available. Check out our complete train schedule to see all our options.
e-Ticket fares are subject to a 9% Processing Fee. Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible, but the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, fares, times, dates, routing, motive power, equipment and/or seat selection on any excursion, train and/or event whenever, in its judgement, circumstances warrant. The railroad is not responsible for lack of sufficient capacity or adverse weather conditions that prevent operations. There are a limited number of e-Tickets available for each day during this event. If you have not pre-purchased e-Tickets, please call 215-862-2332 before coming, as e-Tickets may not be available. e-Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. All excursions, trains and events are subject to availability. Boarding by class of e-Ticket may occur. e-Tickets must be presented to a train crew member prior to boarding the train for validation purposes. Smoking is prohibited on board the train and at all stations. The railroad assumes no liability for lost or stolen items. On-site parking fees not included.
Payment in full at booking by major credit card is required to finalize a reservation. You may not reschedule a reservation after the scheduled departure, no exceptions.
You agree that the Buckingham Valley excursion (the “Event”) for which you purchased tickets and/or attended is a public event, that your appearance and actions inside and outside the venue where the Event occurs are public in nature, and that you have no expectation of privacy with regard to your actions or conduct at the Event. You hereby irrevocably grant permission to the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad and/or their assigns to use, copy, display, distribute, exhibit and utilize your name, image, digital image, likeness, acts, poses, voice, appearance, movements and statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction of same, including at the Event (regardless of whether before, during or after the Event) for any purpose, in any manner, in any medium or context now known or hereafter developed without further authorization from or any compensation to you or anyone acting or entitled to act on your behalf.
All rights reserved. Buckingham Valley excursion and all related characters and elements are trademarks of The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad.
All images on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the products, equipment, motive power and/or services offered during events, excursions and/or trains. The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad reserves the right to change images and specifications at any time without liability and notice.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE INGREDIENTS:
The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of ingredients or nutritional information we provide nor liable for any adverse reactions caused by the products we offer. Please be advised that we prepare our foods in a commercial kitchen where cross-contact with food allergens is possible and where ingredient substitutions and recipe revisions are sometimes made. In addition, manufacturers of commercial foods we use may change their product formulation or consistency of ingredients at any time without notice. Accordingly, actual ingredients and nutritional content may vary and we cannot guarantee that any food item will be completely free of food allergens. To the extent you have any questions regarding ingredients of a particular food item, please contact our event planner for more information.