LOCOMOTIVE CAB RIDES
ABOUT THE JOURNEY
The perfect gift for the true railroad enthusiast!
This special ticket gives you an in-your-face look at what it takes to be a locomotive engineer! Sit inside the locomotive cab along side the Engineer and Conductor or Fireman on one of our locomotives pulling a revenue train! See all the equipment that our engineers use! This is a sure ticket for adventure and a lifelong memory!
Available on most of our excursions.
This is your opportunity to ride in the locomotive cab with the Engineer and crew during a round-trip on the New Hope Branch. During the ride, you’ll get to experience what railroading is like from the cab of the locomotive! This is a sure ticket for adventure and a lifelong memory! Advance booking is suggested, due to limited availability.
Choose to ride on our recently restored 1925 Baldwin 2-8-0 Consolidation Steam Locomotive #40 built in 1925 or one of our vintage Diesel Locomotives.
- One Hour Steam or Diesel Locomotive Cab Ride
- Basic Photo Package (One 5×7 print)
- One Hour Steam or Diesel Locomotive Cab Ride
- Deluxe Photo Package (Two 5×7 prints)
- Locomotive Engineer Certificate (custom made for you)
- Locomotive Engineer Hat
PACKAGES AND FARES
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO PURCHASE
To Reserve by Phone:
Contact our Call Center at 215-862-2332.
Call Center hours of operation: 7 Days per week, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
To Reserve Online:
- e-Ticket sales close 30 minutes prior to departure for this excursion.
- Advance reservations are recommended, but not required.
- If you have a reservation, your e-Ticket will be scanned as you board the train. You may also purchase e-tickets at the gift shop or ticket office up to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. If you forget your e-Ticket, we can print them for you, subject to verification.
- e-Tickets are attached to your e-mail receipt and sent after purchase is complete.
- e-Tickets must be presented to a train crew member prior to boarding the locomotive cab.
- e-Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
- A processing fee is added to all orders. (Learn more here)
- Rates, times, dates are subject to change.
- All excursions are subject to availability.
- Additional On-Site Parking fees may apply.
- Smoking is prohibited onboard the train and at all stations.
- The railroad assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- The Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, routing and/or equipment on any excursion whenever, in its judgement circumstances warrant.
Other excursions and/or events are available. Check out our complete train schedule to see all our options.
e-Ticket fares are subject to a 9% Processing Fee. Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible, but the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, fares, times, dates, routing, motive power, equipment and/or seat selection on any excursion, train and/or event whenever, in its judgement, circumstances warrant. The railroad is not responsible for lack of sufficient capacity or adverse weather conditions that prevent operations. There are a limited number of e-Tickets available for each day during this event. If you have not pre-purchased e-Tickets, please call 215-862-2332 before coming, as e-Tickets may not be available. e-Tickets are not refundable or exchangeable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. All excursions, trains and events are subject to availability. Boarding by class of e-Ticket may occur. e-Tickets must be presented to a train crew member prior to boarding the train for validation purposes. Smoking is prohibited on board the train and at all stations. The railroad assumes no liability for lost or stolen items. Additional on-site parking fees apply.
Payment in full at booking by major credit card is required to finalize a reservation. You may not reschedule a reservation after the scheduled departure, no exceptions.
You agree that the LOCOMOTIVE CAB RIDE (the “Event”) for which you purchased e-Tickets and/or attended is a public event, that your appearance and actions inside and outside the venue where the Event occurs are public in nature, and that you have no expectation of privacy with regard to your actions or conduct at the Event. You hereby irrevocably grant permission to the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad and/or their assigns to use, copy, display, distribute, exhibit and utilize your name, image, digital image, likeness, acts, poses, voice, appearance, movements and statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction of same, including at the Event (regardless of whether before, during or after the Event) for any purpose, in any manner, in any medium or context now known or hereafter developed without further authorization from or any compensation to you or anyone acting or entitled to act on your behalf.
All images on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the products, equipment, motive power and/or services offered during events, excursions and/or trains. The New Hope & Ivyland Railroad reserves the right to change images and specifications at any time without liability and notice.