PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING YOUR RESERVATION WITH THE NEW HOPE RAILROAD:
By purchasing ticket(s), you agree to the following terms and conditions. Do not complete the purchase if you do not agree to these terms.
- THE NEW HOPE RAILROAD HAS A NO-REFUND POLICY FOR ALL RESERVATIONS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Reservations and Ticketing
- Advanced online reservations are suggested; however, onsite ticket sales are available at our New Hope train station self-service ticket kiosks, subject to availability.
- All reservations completed through our Customer Care Support representatives (Call Center) are subject to a $25 manual reservation fee.
- Payment in full with a major credit card is required to finalize a reservation.
- Tickets will be attached to a confirmation email and SMS text message using the contact information provided at the time of purchase. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you are signing up for SMS text messages and consent to receive marketing SMS text messages (e.g., promos, cart reminders) from the New Hope Railroad at the contact number provided, including messages sent by automation. SMS text Message & data rates may apply. Message frequency varies. Unsubscribe at any time by replying STOP.
- Tickets must be printed or displayed on a mobile device and presented to a train crew member for electronic scanning before boarding the train.
- Tickets issued for all reservations are not refundable or transferable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Excursion/Event times and dates are subject to change without notice.
- All excursions, trains, and events are subject to availability.
- There are a limited number of tickets available.
- Right to Cancel, Errors, Mistakes. The newhoperailroad.com website and any third-party reservation system may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical or other errors in connection with the information displayed, including, without limitation, rates, fares, fees, taxes, or availability related to your transaction. The New Hope Railroad assumes no responsibility or liability for such errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. The New Hope Railroad has the right to make changes, corrections, or cancellations to such information or reservation, at any time, including after confirmation of a transaction. The New Hope Railroad is not responsible for communication failures, errors, difficulties, or other malfunctions or lost, stolen, or misdirected transactions, transmissions, messages, or entries on or in connection with our service. The newhoperailroad.com website may not be continuously available due to maintenance or repairs, computer problems, Internet service disruptions, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Fares and Fees
- We offer a variety of event and excursion fares and fare classification levels. Fares vary based on demand, fare level classification, class of service, event/excursion date, event/excursion time, reservation completion date, and other travel preferences. The advertised/displayed fare is the lowest available fare at that time/date of the reservation.
- Modifications to your reservation may affect the fare, and additional fees may apply when tickets are reissued.
- Suppose an erroneous fare is inadvertently advertised/displayed for sale, and a ticket(s) is issued at the erroneous fare. In that case, we reserve the right to cancel the ticket(s) for credit to be used at a future date or, upon request, reissue the ticket(s) for the correct fare.
- Fares are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to a Processing Fee.
- Boarding by fare class may occur.
Fare Level Classifications
- BASIC FARE LEVEL: The Basic fare level date/time is non-changeable for saving the most when you know your departure date/time. Cancellation for a credit voucher is not offered with this fare classification. Customers requesting to modify the original date/time of each ticket for all excursions and events are subject to a $20 per ticket fee (excluding infant fares). However, reservations placed with an error have 24 hours from the time of purchase to change the date/time for no additional fee.
- FLEX FARE LEVEL: The FLEX fare level allows one date/time change until 24 hours before departure for peace of mind when your travel plans change. $20 per ticket for the second and any subsequent date/time changes. Cancel for a monetary credit voucher 24 hours before departure if ticket(s) are not used. Customers requesting to modify the date/time of each ticket for all excursions and events each subsequent time after the first time are subject to a $20 per ticket fee (excluding infant fares).
- All requests for modification of date/time for BASIC or FLEX Fare levels are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Any date/time modification does not ensure the original fare will remain the same since fares are dynamic and could be higher. Customers are responsible for any additional fares and/or fees due, if applicable. The non-use of the FLEX fare level date/time modification allowance does not allow for a refund.
- Suppose you have had any surgery recently or are suffering from any physical condition that could limit you physically (i.e., back pain). In that case, you should contact us by phone before making your reservation.
- The New Hope Railroad will make every effort to accommodate clients with special needs and requiring assistance. Nevertheless, you should contact us by phone before a reservation to clarify the nature of the assistance you require and ensure such needs can be met.
- The New Hope Railroad assumes no liability for lost or stolen items.
- The New Hope Railroad is not responsible for insufficient capacity or adverse weather conditions preventing operations.
- You agree that the Excursion/Event (the “Event”) for which you purchased e-tickets and/or attended is a public event, that your appearance and actions inside and outside the venue where the Event occurs are public, and that you do not expect privacy concerning your actions or conduct at the event. You, as a result of this, irrevocably grant permission to the New Hope Railroad and/or their assigns to use, copy, display, distribute, exhibit, and utilize your name, image, digital image, likeness, acts, poses, voice, appearance, movements, and statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmissions, exhibition, publication or reproduction of same, including at the Event (regardless of whether before, during or after the event) for any purpose, in any manner, any medium or context, is now known or hereafter developed without further authorization from or any compensation to you or anyone acting or entitled to act on your behalf.
- All images on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the products, equipment, motive power, and/or services offered during events, excursions, and/or trains. The New Hope Railroad reserves the right to change images and specifications without liability and notice.
- All excursions and events operate rain or shine.
- Convenient onsite parking is available at the New Hope Train Station for an additional fee. Onsite parking is managed and operated by EZ Park 24.
- We suggest arriving at least 30 minutes before your scheduled event/excursion. Local traffic and parking can delay your arrival time.
- Smoking is prohibited onboard the train and at all stations.
- Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible. Still, the New Hope Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, fares, times, dates, routing, motive power, equipment, and/or seat selection on any excursion, train and/or event whenever, in its judgment, circumstances warrant.
- Steam Locomotive Powered Excursions: Our nearly 100-year-old steam locomotive #40 has been assigned as motive power on various excursions throughout the year and rarely develops mechanical problems; however, if the steam locomotive isn’t available to provide motive power for the train, one of our vintage diesel locomotives will be assigned. If your train is diesel-powered, the railroad will not offer refunds. However, a voucher will be provided to customers with affected reservations. The voucher will offer you and your family a traditional steam train ride behind our steam locomotive during the next operating season.
The New Hope Railroad reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, replace or remove contents of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.