RESERVATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING YOUR RESERVATION WITH THE NEW HOPE RAILROAD:
By purchasing an e-ticket(s), you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions.
- THE NEW HOPE RAILROAD HAS A NO REFUND POLICY FOR ALL RESERVATIONS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
- To ensure a safe experience for everyone, guests should comply with federal, state, and local COVID-19 safety guidelines while visiting the New Hope Railroad. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your visit for another time.
Reservations and E-Ticketing
- Advance online reservations are suggested; however, onsite e-ticket sales are available at our New Hope train station platform self-service Kiosks.
- All reservations completed through our Customer Care Support representatives (Call Center) are subject to a $25 manual reservation fee.
- Payment in full with a major credit card is required to finalize a reservation.
- E-Tickets will be sent to the email used at the time of purchase as a PDF attachment.
- E-Tickets must be printed or displayed on a mobile device and presented to a train crew member for electronic scanning prior to boarding the train.
- E-Tickets issued for all reservations are not refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Excursion/Event times and dates are subject to change without notice.
- All excursions, trains, and events are subject to availability.
- There are a limited number of e-Tickets available.
- Right to Cancel, Errors, Mistakes. The newhoperailroad.com website and any third-party reservation system may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical or other errors in connection with information displayed, including without limitation rates, fares, fees, taxes, or availability related to your transaction. The New Hope Railroad assumes no responsibility or liability for such errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. The New Hope Railroad has the right to make changes, corrections, or cancellations to such information or reservation, at any time, including after confirmation of a transaction. The New Hope Railroad is not responsible for communication failures, errors, difficulties, or other malfunctions or lost, stolen, or misdirected transactions, transmissions, messages, or entries on or in connection with our Service. The newhoperailroad.com website may not be continuously available due to maintenance or repairs or due to computer problems, disruptions in Internet service, or other unforeseen circumstances.
Fares and Fees
- We offer a variety of event and excursion fares and fare classification levels. Fares vary based on demand, fare level classification, class of service, event/excursion date, event/excursion time, reservation completion date, and other travel preferences. The advertised/displayed fare is the lowest available fare at that time/date of the reservation.
- Modifications to your reservation may affect the fare, and additional fees may apply when e-tickets are reissued.
- In the event that an erroneous fare is inadvertently advertised/displayed for sale and an e-ticket is issued at the erroneous fare, we reserve the right to cancel the e-ticket for credit to be used at a future date, or upon request, reissue the e-ticket for the correct fare.
- Fares are subject to change without notice.
- All reservations are subject to a Processing Fee.
- Boarding by fare class may occur.
Fare Level Classifications
- BASIC FARE LEVEL: The Basic fare level date/time is non-changeable for saving the most when you know your departure date/time. Cancellation for a credit voucher is not offered with this fare classification. Customers requesting to modify the original date/time of each individual e-ticket for all excursions and events are subject to a $20 per e-ticket fee (excluding infant fares). However, reservations placed with an error have 24 hours from the time of purchase to change date/time for no additional fee.
- FLEX FARE LEVEL: The FLEX fare level allows one date/time change until 24 hours before departure for peace of mind when your travel plans change. $20 per e-ticket for second and any subsequent date/time changes. Cancel for a monetary credit voucher until 24 hours before departure. Customers requesting to modify the date/time of each individual e-ticket for all excursions and events each subsequent time after the first time are subject to a $20 per e-ticket fee (excluding infant fares).
- PLUS FARE LEVEL: The PLUS fare level allows unlimited date/time changes until 24 hours after departure if e-ticket(s) are not used for ultimate flexibility. Cancel for a monetary credit voucher at any time if e-ticket(s) are not used.
- All requests for modification of date/time for BASIC, FLEX, or PLUS Fare levels are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. Any date/time modification does not guarantee the original fare will remain the same since fares are dynamic and could be higher. Customers are responsible for any additional fares and/or fees due, if applicable. The non-use of the FLEX or PLUS fare level date/time modification allowance does not allow for a refund.
- If you have had any surgery recently or are suffering from any physical condition that could limit you physically (i.e., back pain), you should contact us by phone before making your reservation.
- The New Hope Railroad will make every effort to accommodate clients with special needs and requiring assistance. Nevertheless, you should contact us by phone prior to a reservation in order to clarify the nature of the assistance you would require and ensure such needs can be met.
- The New Hope Railroad assumes no liability for lost or stolen items.
- The New Hope Railroad is not responsible for the lack of sufficient capacity or adverse weather conditions that prevent operations.
- You agree that the Excursion/Event (the “Event”) for which you purchased e-tickets and/or attended is a public event, that your appearance and actions inside and outside the venue where the Event occurs are public in nature, and that you have no expectation of privacy with regard to your actions or conduct at the event. You hereby irrevocably grant permission to the New Hope Railroad and/or their assigns to use, copy, display, distribute, exhibit, and utilize your name, image, digital image, likeness, acts, poses, voice, appearance, movements, and statements in any live or recorded audio, video or photographic display or other transmissions, exhibition, publication or reproduction of same, including at the Event (regardless of whether before, during or after the event) for any purpose, in any manner, in any medium or context is now known or hereafter developed without further authorization from or any compensation to you or anyone acting or entitled to act on your behalf.
- All images on this website are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the products, equipment, motive power, and/or services offered during events, excursions, and/or trains. The New Hope Railroad reserves the right to change images and specifications at any time without liability and notice.
- All excursions and events operate rain or shine.
- Convenient onsite parking is available at the New Hope Train Station for an additional fee. Onsite parking is managed and operated by EZ Park 24.
- We suggest that you arrive at least 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled event/excursion time.
- Smoking is prohibited onboard the train and at all stations.
- Schedules are adhered to as closely as possible, but the New Hope Railroad reserves the right, without liability and notice, to cancel and/or otherwise modify the schedule, fares, times, dates, routing, motive power, equipment, and/or seat selection on any excursion, train and/or event whenever, in its judgment, circumstances warrant.
- Steam Locomotive Powered Excursions: Our nearly 100-year-old steam locomotive #40 has been assigned as motive power on various excursions throughout the year and rarely develops mechanical problems; however, if the steam locomotive isn’t available to provide motive power for the train, one of our vintage diesel locomotives will be assigned. If your train is diesel-powered, the railroad will not offer refunds. However, a voucher will be provided to customers with affected reservations. The voucher will offer you and your family a traditional steam train ride behind our steam locomotive during the next operating season.
The New Hope Railroad reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, replace or remove contents of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.